it means what it says :)  if OutputChain works like Apache::Filter at all,
then it needs the reference to maintain an accurate handler count, so you
can safely igore the warning.  I haven't looked at the code, though.

> Mozilla shows empty screen.  I have in httpd.conf:
>     <Location /scripts>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler Apache::OutputChain Apache::GzipChain My::Site
>     </Location>

you would be better off moving to Apache::Filter and Apache::Compress, both
of which are well developed and maintained...

I think the general opinion is that OutputChain and GzipChain are becoming
more deprecated by the day...

--Geoff