On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 03:55:26PM -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> When I ran perl 5.6.1 it was identifying itself as perl 5.6.0 .
>
> Identity crisis??

Dunno, but you can bet it's not right.  Care to post the command and
results?  Sounds like a symlink problem, you might want to use some
combination of the ls -l, whence or hash, sum and strings commands to
figure out what's right.

I can promise you that perl 5.6.1 properly reports itself and that you'd
have to edit it somehow to make it say otherwise (and I'm not proposing
that somebody did).  Whatever perls are running around that box are
pretty screwed up, but the good news is it should be pretty easy to fix
once the problem is hunted down...

- Barrie