Hello list

it's now the fifth time i went looking to find sth on the web, but i didn't
find anything. So perhaps it could be a little bit ot, sorry for that.

I'm running a project using apache (mod_perl/mod_ssl/mySQL) on Linux for
which i would change the authetication mechanism to mod_auth_digest, and
i've the following questions:

is the digest-authentication really necessary, when using mod_ssl, or would
a basic-authetication be enough?
For the moment i'm using a authentication over a form with session-cookies.
Perhaps it is secure enough if i expand it (make it unpossible, to make a
bot trying every cookie-value, and so on ...)?

i have created a browser-front-end for the user-management. How is it
possible to add/delete over Perl a new user/passwort to the digest-pw-file?
I tryed it with open(), system(), ... but without any success.

Thank you for every hint or URL ;oP

Thomas Bach

think karo...
        bkaro.net