Steven Sajous wrote:
> From: Jeremy Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Steven Sajous wrote:
> > <referring to nmake with VC++>
> > It comes with it? I don't see it
> >
> > Yes it does. Run the batch file Robert mentioned and it'll work from
> the
> > command line. You can also download it from:
> > ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/nmake15.exe
>
> > PS: Please add your message _after_ quoting the previous message,
> > otherwise you get a confusing set of quotations as you see here.
> Thanks :-)
>
> I used nmake but after going for a little while I get there this error
> 'cl' is not recognized as an internal command operable program or batch
> file...

cl.exe is the compiler that comes with VC++. It sounds like you haven't run
the .bat file that Robert pointed you too yet. Running that batch script
allows you to use VC++ tools from the command line. If you have VC++, you
definitely have cl.exe, since otherwise you wouldn't be able to compile
anything through the IDE!