> My feeling that this cleanup is infact unnecessary (all though worth
> having regardless), as the pipeline nature of the request (call
> database for *all* data required, *then* output), any database calls
> (and corresponding locks) will have completed before the abort
> (SIGPIPE) is recognised.  This should go double for embperl, which
> executes all perl code before outputting any headers and data.

The connection is only aborted, when data is send. So it's true that normaly
there is no abort before the whole page has processed within Embperl., but
there are other reason a page may fail. So it's a good idea to have a
cleanup. In an Embperl page you can define a function called CLEANUP which
will be call _always_, regardless what fails. It will be called after all
content is send to the browser.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131