BlankI wrote a program that converts 5 gigs of emails stored in mysql to
phisical messages on disk (resulting in approximately 10 gigs). The program
consumes way to much memory although I've wrote it in a very clean way (use
strict, no globals, use of udef $var; to help free memory). I start it
telneting to :80 and through time process takes from 15 megs to more than
100 megs and only about 20% of messages are converted so far. The program
uses vpopmail.pm and should run approximately one day. Maybe it would be
faster if I used Apache::FakeRequest or something similar eleminating use of
mod_perl (plain cgi) ? I'm using HTML::Mason.

Why is the memory consumption so high ? According to my calculations it
should take less than 100 kilobytes.

Regards,
    Mire
perl -Mstrict -e 'print pack("h*", "d69627560496e616d656e236f6d6"),"\n"'
OPTIMISED FOR HUMAN OPTICAL NERVE
BEST VIEWED WITH A MONITOR <grin>