[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Perrin Harkins) wrote:
>It sounds like you have some data structure which you are adding to and
>never clearing out.  One thing to be careful of is the MySQL DBI driver.
>The last time I used it, it fetched all returned rows into memory.  With a
>large result set, that could take up tons of RAM.

Right, that sounds like the culprit.  Miroslav, see the 'mysql_use_result'
parameter in 'perldoc DBD::mysql', which will let you store the result
in a mysql server table rather than in client memory.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum