Randy Kobes wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Ed Loehr wrote:
>
> > More data:  there is no core file created, and the mere presence of this
> > one line in my httpd.conf ...
> >
> >       PerlModule AxKit
> >
> > ...with no other AxKit directives anywhere, causes httpd to exit shortly
> > (< 1 sec) after starting.  I hacked AxKit.pm to verify it is loading, and
> > it is successfully completing it's BEGIN block.
>
> The AxKit FAQ (which unfortunately I don't think is reachable yet
> at http://www.axkit.org/) says that there could be some problems
> with Apache's default build with expat enabled and XML::Parser's
> version of expat. The recommendation is to recompile Apache
> with --disable-rule=expat. Does this work?

I don't think so, not the way I tried it, anyway...

cd $SSL_SRC_DIR/$MOD_PERL_DIST
perl Makefile.PL \
    USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1 \
    DO_HTTPD=1 SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl \
    APACHE_PREFIX=$SSL_LOCAL_DIR \
    APACHE_SRC=../$APACHE_DIST/src \
    APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=ssl, \
                --enable-module=rewrite, \
                --enable-module=perl, \
                --disable-rule=expat'
(make && date && make test && date && make install && date) | tee
make.log
cd $SSL_SRC_DIR/$APACHE_DIST
make certificate TYPE=custom
make install

There's also a note (in AxKit 1.4 change log, I think) that says that
problem is fixed in 1.4.  Also, from 'perldoc AxKit':

       If you have a recent mod_perl and use mod_perl's
       Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 to compile Apache for you, this
       option will be enabled automatically for you.

Other clues?

Regards,
Ed Loehr