>mod_perl 2.0 has solved these problems already, but it's not in

        >production yet :)

Well that give me something to look forward to :-)

        >Have you read this one?

>http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#Is_There_a_Way_to_Modify_INC_o
        >You probably need to use Apache::PerlVINC, but it's not very
efficient.

Actually, yes, I had. PerlVINC is not really what I needed, the goal was
not to reload %INC per VirtualHost, the need was to have a single
PerlRequire set up @INC properly per VirtualHost (so Apache::StatINC
would work). Ordinary this would have been done with something like 'use
lib "$FindBin::Bin/lib/", but since that doesn't work under mod_perl I
was toying with using <Perl> sections.

For the record the problem was the line:
        $PerlRequire = $somepath;
Which needed to be:
        push @PerlRequire, $somepath;

Although why the previous version set the server spinning off I never
could figure out. It happened even with
Apache::Server::StrictPerlSections on.

In any case I've settled on absolute paths just like the examples. This
increases the maintenance costs with multiple startup scripts, but
solves the problem in the most obvious way.

Maybe this will be easier in mod_perl 2.0?

Thanks for the help,

Alex