> > I understood the limitation of the single interpreter, the
> problem again
> > was to append to @INC per VirtualHost.
>
> It's confusing when you say that, since there's only one @INC for
> everything.  I'm interpreting this as meaning that you have a bunch of
> applications with different install directories and you want
> them all to go
> in the global @INC.

Sorry for the confusion. Your interpretation is correct. I wish to add
several different paths to the common global @INC, one per application.

> How do you avoid hard-coding the paths to app.httpd.conf
> then?  If you're
> already hard-coding that path on each server, you should be
> able to just
> make everything else relative to that.  Is that what you were
> trying to do
> with your original post?  That code would work fine if you change
> $PerlRequire to a straight 'require'.  They do the same thing.

Exactly, the only abs path we would like is the per-server master
httpd.conf. The difference (or lack thereof) between PerlRequire and
require in a <Perl> section wa lost on me. Thanks for the tip.

> Well, what Stas was talking about with mod_perl 2 was just
> having different
> Perl interpreters (with different @INCs) per VirtualHost,
> which actually
> doesn't sound like it has much to do with your problem.

Not directly, no it wouldn't, although I actually would like to see this
for other issues we had earlier (which we solved by moving all our
packages into unique namespaces).

I'll look into the other configuration solution you mentioned, although
I expect they provide more than we really need for these applications.

Thanks,

Alex