Issac Goldstand wrote:

> I've just recieved an OK to do some Benchmarks on a server cluster of
> 16+1 (master) dual 450 Mhz machines (master node is dual 650).  I plan
> on doing benchmarks and comparing perfornance for the following setups,
> so far:
>

>   Server cluster using httpd process on each individual node and front
> end round-robin scheme
>
>   Singe server on master node using MOSIX and  high volume of child
> processes
>
>   Trying to think of method to test optimal performance on Beowolf type
> cluster
>

>   I will also try to play around with different Apache-2 setups if I can
> figure out how to do so...
>

> If people have any suggestions for other things to test, or ways to test
> it, please let me know.

You can try to use Apache::Benchmark which I've started some 1.5 years
ago, but have never finished it so it wasn't released yet. But I think
it can be quite helpful, at least to start with. You can get it from:

http://stason.org/works/modules/Apache-Benchmark-0.01.tar.gz

I plan to resume working on this project as a ASF sub-project of
httpd-test (like Apache::Test) and eventually release it on CPAN, once I
port it to work with HTTP::ApacheBench and mod_perl 2.0's Apache::Test.

The problem is that currently the module is written in a way that the
client and the server are supposed to be run on the same machine, since
the client reconfigures/starts/stops the server. The architecture should
be extended to use PVM or some similar framework to be able to
start/stop/configure server on a remote machine.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com