Hey all.  I don't know how many people are lurking here, since the
list seems to be very light traffic (the lightest of 8 I sub to), but
I have a question regarding PerlSetVar and strings.

Here is what I'm trying to do:
In httpd.conf:
<Location /MyHandler>
  . . .
        PerlSetVar MailMsg "Access Report \
        This is a mail message spanning several \
        lines that I would like to mail to a \
        particular address when the handler is \
        invoked.  \
        Unfortunately, it all winds up on one line and \
        any \n included do not get translated."
</Location>

And in my module, I am successfully sending this message to the email
address, but it arrives looking like this:

Access Report         This is a mail message spanning several         lines that I
would like to mail to a         particular address when the handler is
invoked.          Unfortunately, it all winds up on one line and         any \n
included do not get translated."

And the darn thing is all on one line.  '\n' is not translated, etc.
It looks like the string is proveded as if enclosed in single quotes.
Which is bad.

Any ideas?

TIA & HAND
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Cohen's Law:
  There is no bottom to worse.