[this probably belong to the list]

> I am sending this after a suggestion that was given to me during in a
> perlmonks discussion.
>
> I feel that mod_perl's single threadedness on the Win32 platforms really
> warrants some more prominence in the docs. (How about 18pt bold red
> warning on page 1? ;) )
>
> I was obviously adversely affected by finding out about this late in a
> development cycle (having been lulled in a feeling of false confidence
> by my positive Unix experiences), but I see that dismayed surprise
> appear to dominate most mailing list postings on this subject.
>
> So I'd say that some discussion of this fact should be carried out - for
> instance where the win32 support level is discussed - especially given
> that a stuck mod_perl will also occlude also the static pages, which is
> really nasty.

I've never used mod_perl with windows, so I cannot help here. If
somebody sends me a proper doc patch, I'd be delighted to apply it.

The reason for winXX not featuring in the mod_perl docs is that hardly
anybody uses mod_perl on windows, or that's my feeling from seeing the
discussions on the list, which can be wrong of course.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com