> I was under the assumption that doing something similar to:
>
> my $returnval = $msg->send();
>
> Would give a similar answer.
>
> I'll give the $? a shot though.   I've noticed that from the shell, it
> always has a 0, and that would show up as false under perl...

Well, on the shell and every other program, an exit status of 0 means
success, and a higher one means an error of some kind.

Btw: /bin/false ; echo $? ==> 1
     /bin/true  ; echo $? ==> 0

Also, the SIGCHLD is sent when a child exits, no matter if in error.
You should then check the $? for the reason of the exit and for the
return code, if exited normally.

Regards,
  Luciano Rocha

--
Luciano Rocha, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
                -- D. Cohen