Hello,

CD>It seems you can't do anything online without having cookies turned on
CD>(yahoo, bankone, huntington, ebay, etrade ) and I think internet users
CD>have accepted this.

Not those clever European governmental folks, though.

    http://www.vnunet.com/News/107416
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2099128,00.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1653000/1653907.stm
    http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/11/14/eu.spam.cookies.idg/

Methinks there is a need to write a transparent "store cookies on URL"
module. I seem to recall at least one major Apache module having an option
to use URL-based authentication instead of cookie-based... but I can't
seem to find that from a cursory perusal of CPAN.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101