$r->no_cache(1) adds the headers "Pragma: no-cache" and "Cache-control:
no-cache".  So, you need to call no_cache before calling
$r->send_http_header.  You can verify that it works by looking at the
headers returned by the server when you request your document.  If your
browser is caching the page w/o regard to these headers, then it's your
browser, not mod_perl that's broken or misconfigured.

- Kyle