Hey gang,

I have just installed mod_gzip on my mod_perl server and am very impressed
with its performance.  However, I've noticed that it is only compressing
mod_perl output when parameters are passed to the script in the URL.

E.g:  http://www.mysite.com/test.cgi?test=1 will be compressed, but
http://www.mysite.com/test.cgi will not!  :-(

My mod_gzip config follows:

## BEGIN MOD_GZIP CONFIGURATION

LoadModule gzip_module modules/ApacheModuleGzip.dll
mod_gzip_on                 Yes
mod_gzip_minimum_file_size  300
mod_gzip_maximum_file_size  0
mod_gzip_maximum_inmem_size 100000
mod_gzip_keep_workfiles     No
mod_gzip_temp_dir           E:/Apache/temp
mod_gzip_item_include       file \.html$
mod_gzip_item_include       file \.pl$
mod_gzip_item_include       file \.cgi
mod_gzip_item_include       mime ^text/.*
mod_gzip_item_include       mime ^httpd/unix-directory$
mod_gzip_item_include       handler ^perl-script$
mod_gzip_item_include       handler ^server-status$
mod_gzip_item_include       handler ^server-info$
mod_gzip_item_exclude       file \.css$
mod_gzip_item_exclude       file \.js$
mod_gzip_item_exclude       mime ^image/.*
mod_gzip_dechunk            Yes

## END MOD_GZIP CONFIGURATION

Can anyone advise me as to how to change this configuration so that
compression will work with or without parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/