> I'm a java programmer. I don't know anything about
> perl. I just want to know whether it's possible to
> call servlets from perl scripts after validating some
> data provided by the user.

There's no simple way to use both in the same request.  Maybe a
subrequest would work, or maybe you could use mod_perl for an earlier
handler and then use Tomcat for the content handler.  There are also
ways to directly call Perl from Java and vice-versa.

It's ill-advised though.  Hybrid solutions always have overhead involved
in going from one to the other and they tend to combine the worst of
both worlds and complicate maintenance and development.  I'd advise
against trying to mix the two in a single request.  If you really have
to use both, try to find a way to get the validation work done in the
perl program and then redirect to the servlet.

- Perrin