Per,

>> This seems to be a very generic Perl issue, like most of the questions
>> in this email. I don't see why anything should be special under
>> mod_perl, regarding the packaging and stuff. Apache::Test is probably
>> the only issue that has a lot to do with mod_perl :)
>

> I'm sorry for bothering you with questions that might seem off-topic.
> But I think the routines for packaging a mod_perl application in the
> standard Perl way become more challenging, or atleast seem like it from
> the outside, because you no longer have to deal with modules that just
> need to be stuffed into @INC somewhere, but with a number of files that
> must be installed into several directories and possibly some
> configuration.

True, but you can ask a user about these dirs during 'perl Makefile.PL',
or simply leave clear notes how to do the install of the non-generic parts.

> Apache::Test also seems like it's a well-hidden secret.

It's not released yet. But stable enough to start using it, especially
if you just start writing the testing suite to 2.0. And it's pretty well
documented. Of course if you have to rely on it in a CPAN module, let us
know on the test-dev <<at>> httpd.perl.org mailing list and we will see
whether we can have an early alpha release on CPAN.

> Anyway, thanks for the reply, it helped me a lot.
>
> I'll submit an RFC for OpenTMS shortly.

Great! :)

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com