> I sat down the other day and wrote a test script to try
> out various caching implementations.

Very interesting.  Looks like Cache::Mmap deserves more attention (and
maybe a Cache::Cache subclass).

> Have I missed something obvious?

Nothing much, but I'd like to see how these numbers vary with the size
of the data being written.  And it would be good if there were a way to
ensure that the data had not been corrupted at the end of a run.

Also, I'd like to see MLDBM + BerkeleyDB (not DB_File) with BerkeleyDB
doing automatic locking, and IPC::MM, and IPC::Shareable, and
IPC::ShareLite (though it doesn't serialize complex data by itself), and
MySQL with standard tables.  Of course I could just do them myself,
since you were kind enough to provide code.

- Perrin