Viljo Marrandi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I tested this form upload with large text and in my case only 64K went
> thru (ended up in MySQL). I saw in Apache homepage, that I could define
> POST_MAX like this:
>
>    my $apr = Apache::Request->new($r, POST_MAX => 1024);
>
> Err, is this 1024 bytes or kbytes?
                    ^^^^^

According to Request/Request.xs and c/apache_request.c, it should be
plain-old bytes.  apache itself has a LimitRequestBody directive that
might also be useful here.

> (OT - Perl basics question) Right now I define $apr this way:
>
> $apr = Apache::Request->new( $r->is_main ? $r : $r->main );
>
> Now how I tell $apr that its POST_MAX = 1024?

Is this what you want

  $apr = Apache::Request->new( $r->is_main ? $r : $r->main,
                               POST_MAX => 1024);

?  I don't think Apache::Request provides any Perl methods for
culling the post_max setting from a $apr;  you'd either have to
write some XS for that, keep track of it yourself, or lobby for
a new feature ;)

--
Joe Schaefer