On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 03:16:48PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Luciano> find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 perl -spi -e
>'s/cgi-bin\/some_scr.pl/mod-perl\/some_scr.pl/g;'
>
> Ewww.  Why two processes?

Because I would rather type only a single line to do what a 8 line program
will do. What's the point of using perl if you aren't lazy? And then,
what's the point of using perl if you can be even lazier?

Perl extends the normal Unix Tools, but I won't drop them for perl just
because it's the cool language of the moment... (Not that I don't like
perl, mind you...)

Regards,

Luciano Rocha

--
Luciano Rocha, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
                -- D. Cohen