I posted a couple of weeks ago about how well the mod_deflate/mod_accel
combination works on a front-end HTTP accelerator. I've just discovered a
problem that I thought I'd mention here for anyone who's trying this out.

It appears that Mozilla-based browsers fail when using gzip encoding with
POST requests. I've added
  DeflateDisableRange "MSIE 4." "Mozilla"
to my httpd.conf as a workaround for this bug. The bug appears
intermittently, and I haven't yet worked out exactly how to replicate it.
However, it's been reported by many of my users and I have experienced it
myself, so I'd suggest being wary of this combination.