On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Ron Savage wrote:

> This is a copy of a msg I just sent to Randy instead of the list.
>
> I'm sending it to the list so others, and the archiver, will see it.

That's too bad ...:( There's probably some more work that
needs to be done in getting the service working right ...
By the way, if you disable modperl, does it work?

> > > Do you have the shebang line as, eg,
> > >    #!/Perl/bin/perl.exe
> > > (ie, with the .exe extension). The printenv.pl script, with
> > > this change, works for me; without the .exe extension, I
> > > get the error you noted ...
> >
> > Weird.
> >
> > I added .exe to the she-bang line and it ran, but...
> > o) Will we have to do that for every script? Not happy
> > o) IE offers to download the output of printenv.pl. I saved
> >    it in a disk file and it is the %ENV

Does it work if you specify the Perl binary as
    #!D:/Perl/bin/Perl.exe
ie, with the drive letter, and in a case-sensitive manner?
Probably this aspect of cgi scripts is also work in progress ..

best regards,
randy