Alan Civita wrote:

> Surely...
> and I've done all of it...
> ..have i to use sonme particular option during the
> configuration and installation of apache in order to
> use/enable the perl in Apache?
> thx again

Alan,

For basic CGI under apache, you will need to make sure your scripts
print out the following before sending anything else:

If they dont,  you will get internal server error. Take a look at the
perl CGI module in CPAN. It should get you started with creating some
reasonably complex cgi apps. If you have any problems or questions about
CGI, direct them to the perl beginners list. Once you've mastered the
basics of CGI, check out http://perl.apache.org/guide for an intro to
using mod_perl for increased performance and flexibility.

Please do take a look at the error_log and if you dont understand what
it means, then cut and paste the line you dont understand into Google
and hit search. It will usually come up with an email discussion about
your exact problem. I have included a hello world script that should
work:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<CENTER><H1>Hello world!</H1></CENTER>\n";