On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Richard [utf-8] Čepas wrote:

> I have noticed that Yahoo uses Location: header only for redirect responses and
>thought it may be good to save half of the bandwidth and do the same, as my
>particular script/server is serving redirects mostly.

To save bandwidth you can try mod_deflate - it gzips content like
mod_gzip does.

> So my question is how to unset Date:, Server: and Content-Type: response headers?
>mod_headers and 'Header unset' doesn't work for some reason, maybe it is possible to
>use some Perl*Handler?

mod_headers would not help.
There are two ways to omit 'Server', 'Date' and 'Content-Type' headers:
1. to use ap_rwrite()/BUFF API to send response as mod_proxy does;
2. to patch Apache sources. This helps to all Apache modules that use
   ap_send_http_header()/'return HTTP_MOVED_*' API.

Igor Sysoev