Hi All,

A big debate is raging on the Bricolage development list WRT CVS
configuration and application testing.

http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/thread.php3?subject=%5BBricolage-Devel%5D+More+on+Releases&list=15308

It leads me to a question about testing. Bricolage is a monster
application, and its UI is built entirely in HTML::Mason running on
Apache. Now, while we can and will do a lot more to improve the testing
of our Perl modules, we can't really figure out a way to automate the
testing of the UI. I'm aware of the the performance testing utilities
mentioned in the mod_perl guide --

  http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html

-- but they don't seem to be suited to testing applications.

Is anyone familiar with how to go about setting up a test suite for a
web UI -- without spending an arm and a leg? (Remember, Bricolage is an
OSS effort!).

Thanks!

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
                                               Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]