On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought that some of you might find this graph interesting:
>
> http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200201/apachemods.html?mod=cGVybA==
>
> For some reason, in December, it would seem that modperl just jumped ahead in
> market share (from 13% to nearly 20%). So given that people here are
> occasionally given to gloom and doom descriptions of the Perl/mod_perl world
> ("there aren't as many people as before", "the Java folks are taking over",
> etc.) I'd like to take this growth as well as modperl's general well doing
> (19.78% is a *huge* amount of people -- 600.000 servers, a "fifth of the
> internet") as a very good sign that modperl is alive, kicking, and doing very
> well. Kudos to all ;-)

Wow, bizarre. Not sure why but the AxKit list has seen a massive spurt in
traffic lately too. Perhaps due to the migration to xml.apache.org (well,
just a link at the moment), but perhaps due to the above?

However I'm always skeptical of such massive changes - perhaps more likely
is a change in SecuritySpace's methodology?

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->