Hi
True, I had already read that doc & also the
'Namespace' collision docs. However, there's no name
space collission in my scripts since:
1) The entire code with same config. works with old
mod_perl+perl+apache combo.
2) The errors that I get are like 'Undefined
subroutine &File::Basename::basename called at ...'
Just before this if I check
File::Basename->can('basename') I get true & if check
%INC, File/Basename.pm exists there. I also did an
explict symbol table check (using glob) & found that
the function is there ! But funnily perl says it's
undefined subroutine ! The actual module & method
names change randomly, even if I run with -X !

As for Apache::Reload, the problem is it's going to
stat all the files, which I don't want. Alternatively,
I'll have to put use Apcahe::Reload, which again is a
problem, since I have to modify many files & they all
would be unnecessarily stat'ed. I just want Apache to
load all the modules, when I give a USR1 - I'm really
stuck at this !
(Another option I read somewhere is to compile
mod_perl as a DSO, in which case for every restart the
entire perl interp. is torn down & reloaded - may be
I'll look into that)

Thanx
Sreeji

http://perl.apache.org/guide/troubleshooting.html#Evil_things_might_happen_when_us