Ooh!!! Ooh!!! *jumps to publicize his module in a desperate attempt to
find someone who might actually NEED it* [So I'm shameless...  So what? :-)]

Apache::GD::Thumbnail - CPAN friendly.  It needs, however, GD, which
means that instead of using Perl Magick for the sole use of generating
thumbnails, you'll be using GD for the sole purpose of generating
thumbnails...  Also, it only has jpeg support currently...

But it _is_ easy :-)

  Issac