Andrew Ho wrote:
> I've been investigating other template systems to try to find similar
> functionality in an existing package for a non-Tellme related project and
> haven't been able to find any embedded-Perl solutions that can be called
> from a .pl and still have the benefits of template caching.

Apache::ASP doesn't seem like the best fit for this, if you really don't
want to use pages as controllers.  You can use Text::Template (just keep
a cache of the templates in a global hash) or Template Toolkit for this
(yes, it does allow in-line Perl).  It also may be possible to do this
with Mason.

- Perrin