Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked before; I searched the archives but
couldn't find a reference to this. It's been discussed in the context of
MVC design a while back, but I don't have a solid answer to the following
question: can you call an Apache::ASP page from an Apache::Registry script?
Couched in MVC terminology, can I forward control from a .pl controller to
a .asp template, and pass arguments in a natural way?

I can imagine doing an internal redirect, and passing arguments via
pnotes()... but something like this would be way cooler:

    Inside caller.pl:
        use Apache::ASP ();
        Apache::ASP->forward('template.asp', @args);

    Inside template.asp:
        <% my @args = @_ %>
        My arguments were: <%= join ', ', @args %>.

Using an internal redirect you'd have to find the previous request and its
pnotes, and do various other mucky stuff. Of course the interface above is
kind of arbitrary. You could choose some ASP style object to cram the
passed parameters into, or have a built in program call to retrieve
parameters passed from the caller.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101