> Alright, I'm a total mod_perl newbie and would like to find a host for my
> personal site that allows me to develop mod_perl scripts. First off, I'm
> assuming that there is no way to install mod_perl on my current provider
due
> to (obvious) access privilige restrictions to Apache? Secondly, the
obvious
> question here, whom would you folks recommend for hosting services,
assuming
> the afforementioned?

Secure Level provides mod_perl hosting.  We have two packages.  The first is
$80/month, and you get 4gb throughput, your own httpd/IP address, no memory
limits (as long as you don't kill the server) and 25 Mb storage space.  Its
$65/month if you pre-pay one year.  The second package is $10 less a month
if you dont need your own IP address, and want to run on a non-standard
port.

Our facility is fed by 18 OC-192 connections, so heavy traffic isn't that
much of an issue.

http://www.securelevel.com

Marc Slagle