We had been using Option 1 for a long time & we had
absolutely no problems (with
mod_perl-1.19/Apache-1.3.14/Perl-5.005).
However on upgrading to mod_perl-1.26, we were getting
hell lot of errors. I have tracked this to a bug in
perl_util.c & on fixing this PerlFreshRestart works
w/o any problems. I have posted this details 2/3 weeks
back but haven't got any reply.

I had to go for option 1, since I was not sure about
DSO & StatINC does stats() for every request that
comes in - not too good. (even with a touchfile, it
has to do stat() !)

Sreeji

--- Gordon Henriksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I'm
looking at how to best avoid downtime during a