At 3:00 AM +0800 3/23/02, Stas Bekman wrote:
>On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Pete Kelly wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to build mod_perl on NT.  I
>> successfully built Apache.  I have ActiveState 5.6
>> (Perl v5.6.1) installed.  I also have MS Visual Studio
>> 6.0 installed.
>>
>> I downloaded mod_perl-1.26.tar.gz from
>> http://perl.apache.org/dist
>>
>> After unzipping the files I get the get the following
>> error:
>>
>> C:\mod_perl-1.26>perl Makefile.PL
>> Can't open perl script " -spi.bak ": No such file or
>> directory
>> C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe  -spi.bak   -e  "s/sub
>> mod_perl::hooks.*/sub mod_perl::hook
>> s { qw() }/" lib/mod_perl_hooks.pm failed
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>That's is very weird, because this code doesn't seem to work:
>
>perl -e 'system("perl", " -e1") == 0 or die "oops"'

Actually, that's not all that weird.  Most shells take care of
stripping out garbage before setting the argument list.  Since
system(LIST) doesn't use the shell, it's passing perl the literal "
-e1" which perl won't recognize as a command line option (and
correctly so in my opinion).

Rob

--
When I used a Mac, they laughed because I had no command prompt. When
I used Linux, they laughed because I had no GUI.