At 2:27 PM -0500 3/23/02, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>you might be interested in Joshua Chamas' ongoing benchmark project:
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/sercrerdprou/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://www.chamas.com/bench/
>
>he has the results from a benchmark of Apache::Registry and plain
>handlers, as well as comparisons between HTML::Mason, Embperl, and
>other templating engines.

Although there are lots of qualifiers on those benchmarks, I consider
them rather dangerous anyway.  They are "Hello World" benchmarks, in
which startup time completely dominates the time. The things that
distinguish more sophisticated solutions from basic CGI or even
modules are elements such as caching, pre-compiling and other
techniques directly aimed at improving real-world performance.  Hello
World isn't going to show those at all.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/