Alright, I've been getting along pretty well so far here. Now I need an
extra feature though.  Resolution Stats (i.e. 1024x768 or 800x600)

I've got an apache-1.3.24 server with mod_perl-1.26
running.
in my httpd.conf, I've added
PerlLogHandler P6M7G8::Stats::DBILog

Which I have already written.
It gets Operating System Types, Browser Types, Date/Time, Cookie
information, Bytes transfered, CPU time taken, etc...

I know perl is server side and javascript is client side.
AFAIK, getting the resolution is a client side thing.
I know I can embed an html page with javascript in it that redirects to
a perl file setting the query string with width=1024;height=768
i.e.
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use CGI;

print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";

print CGI->start_html();
print qq {
  <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
      var width  = screen.width;
      var height = screen.height;
      var next="/cgi-bin/stats.cgi?Width=' + width + ';Height=' + height";
      window.location = eval(next);
    //-->
  </script>
  };
print CGI->end_html();

But, I need to find someway to do this without the extra redirect.
Is their anyway I can assign a perl scalar to the value of height and
width ? Also, it has to at least work in IE4.0+ NS4.0+ and Mozilla .98+ on
Windos, Linux, and Unix platforms.

As you can see the PerlLogHandler runs once for every request, and this
redirect would really get annoying and slow.

Any great ideas ?

END
Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8) [EMAIL PROTECTED] 301.314.3118

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
        Webmaster & Webship Teacher

EJPress.com
        Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume      : http://p6m7g8.com/Work/index.html