Hello,

LDM>Having to compile, install, integrate everything yourself is a huge
LDM>waste of time. Your are duplicating all the efforts put in by the
LDM>distributions, for zero added value.

Huh? Having control over what modules go into your Apache, plus having one
compiled on your machine for your version, is zero added value?

I think most people on this list would disagree with you. Most of us who
depend on Apache build our own for one reason or another. You can
generally make an Apache that fulfills your needs and no more which
consumes less memory and has less dependencies than a prebuilt binary from
somewhere. And being tied to a vendor release schedule probably qualifies
as far more of an "upgrade nightmare" than having to occasionally pull out
the text file where you put your build procedure.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101