On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 00:46, Mike V. Andreev wrote:
> Hello.

hi.

> During the work with web interface
> number of open files slowly grows and finally reaches OS limit.
> And this happens with only 2-3 users working with interface !!!
> If to restart apache number of open files comes back in norm, so I think that
> the problem roots in my way of mod_perl usage.

first of all, is your code closing all the filehandles it opens? garbage
collection works differently in mod_perl, and unless you explicitly
close fh's, they have the tendency to stay around for awhile.

> What kind of diagnostics can be done to find out what causes the
> problem?

try lsof(8), which will list all open files (and the process they belong
to).

-jon

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] || www.divisionbyzero.com