Well, here be a bug report

I compiled Apache 2.0.35 with mod_perl 1.99 as a DSO.  The server will
start just fine with that.

I'm running on GNU/Linux with Perl 5.6.1.

If I add this:

 PerlModule Apache2
 PerlModule Apache::compat

The server simply will not start.

If I comment out all the 'use' statements, except for mod_perl and Symbol,
from Apache/compat.pm, then the server starts.

If I load all the modules I just commented out via PerlModule in the
config file and I _don't_ load Apache::compat, the server starts.

If I load all the modules I commented out and try to load Apache::compat
(with those use statements still commented out), the server will not
start.

I also found a few tiny bugs in Apache::compat.

- The read() call in send_fd_length needs to be CORE::read.

- In the last elsif in size_string, the size variable is missing its
dollar sign ($).

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun