Stas,

I'm much closer thanks to your document*.  I now at least I feel like I'm
moving forward for the first time in months.

OK, so I'm pretty sure short of recompiling Perl, that I have all the
correct debug things turned on though the user permission problem still
plague me a bit.  I just chgrp'd the whole dir to httpd and did a chmod
g+w -R so I think that should fix any permission problems for a core file to
be created.

Here's some notes abour your document and the problems I had as I'm pretty
sure it's a work in progress.

1st,  I had a little trouble following the Bad Segv stuff because I had to
install Parser and then Inline.  That was no big deal but then your code was
written for a much older version of Inline and no longer works, yada, yada,
yada.  The version of Bad::Segv that I developed VERY quickly to get around
this is up at http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/apache/mod_perl

2nd, The segv.cgi at the same location as the Bad:Segv above, segfaults on
the command line and through normal CGI but not with mod_perl.  Here's the
error I get trying to run this script with mod_perl (1.26):

[Tue Apr  9 09:53:16 2002] [error] [Tue Apr  9 09:53:16 2002] PerlHandler
subroutine `Apache::Registry::handler': Undefined subroutine
&Bad::Segv::segv called at /htdocs/peregrinehw.com/html/segv.cgim line 12.
[Tue Apr  9 09:53:16 2002] END block subroutine `Inline::END': One or
moreDATA sections were not processed by Inline.
[Tue Apr  9 09:53:16 2002] END block subroutine `Inline::END':

Thoughts?  Something special with mod_perl?  I didn't add the Bad::Segv to
the startup.pl or anything at all.

Regards,

Kevin A. McGrail

*
http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/docs/2.0/devel/debug_c/
debug_c.html#Getting_the_core_File_Dumped