I built apache using mod_perl as a DSO module. When I start apache and someone attempts to access my website, it works but only for an instant and then they receive “page cannot be displayed”, but only with html documents, php docs show up fine. When I looked into my logs this what I found

[Wed Apr 10 18:05:34 2002] [notice] child pid 27804 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

In tracing back and asking a few questions in IRC, I commented out the loading of the mod_perl module and this behavior stops happening. Any good pointers as to where I can find a solution to this problem?

Reference

Apache 1.3.19

Mod_perl 1.26

Php 4.1.2