Hi,

I was trying to run mod_perl as DSO on Solaris. I see
the following line in the logs:

[notice] child pid 24323 exit signal Segmentation
Fault (11)

This happens whenever I send a USR1 to the server for
restart. Also I see the same message whenever the
child is about to exit (ie. after handling the
prescribed no.of requests).

Is DSO stable enough to be used under Solaris ? I have
searched through the archives & see differing
opinions.

Additional Info:
----------------

$perl -V:uselargefiles -V:bincompat5005
uselargefiles='define';
bincompat5005='undef';

perl: 5.6.1, Apache: 1.3.23, mod_perl: 1.26
Using SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-16 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-80

I've compiled mod_perl with PERL_USELARGEFILES=0 and
USE_DSO.
The above problem is repeatable with PerlFreshRestart
On and Off.

Any clues ?

Thanx
Sreeji
(BTW, make test has gone through w/o any errors)