Hi

( 02.04.18 17:32 -0500 ) Nigel Hamilton:
>       I'm looking for a two-way cipher to obfuscate URL parameters
> safely and succinctly (not too many extra characters).

If you just want to obfuscate, you can do a rot13, with special
substitutions for non alpha charachters. Or any other 'roll your own'
solution [XOR against 'snakeoil' then URL encode what needs it].

Something else requires that you think about key management [or public
key cryptography], to say nothing of threat models.

--
\js     "transition turn-key applications"