Hi,
        I am trying to compile mod_perl 1.99 with apacche 2.0.35, I give  up with
mod_perl 1.24 after numberous headaches and lots of profanties.

It build configured Apache with following options :

  ./configure --with-mpm=prefork --prefix=/export/home/website/apache
--enable-so --with-port=80 --enable-info

I then did a make and make install for Apache
Then  I configured mod_perl with the following options:

  perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=../httpd-2.0.35
        (httpd-2.0.35 is the source of apache)

then I edit all the Makefiles for mod_perl, so the compiler use the
option "-DUSE_ITHREADS", then I did a make and make install,
I got out a mod_perl.so file and put this under the Apache
$PREFIX/modules and edit my httpd.conf to correspond,
when I start apache, I get the following error:

Cannot load /export/home/website/apache/modules/mod_perl.so into server:
ld.so.1: /export/home/website/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /export/home/website/apache/modules/mod_perl.so: symbol PL_thr_key:
referenced symbol not found

Can anybody tell me, if I am configuring something wrong, or building it
the wrong way??
I need to get a quick resolution to this problem, so any help is greatly
appreciated

Thank you

--
Darragh Sherwin

"To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems"
                                        Homer Simpson