Log is attached.  I'm amused with this line:

handle_command (Alias "/perl/" "/home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/perl/"): OK

That looks right, but I *still* get a 404 error:

                                                                 404 Not Found

                                   Not Found

   The requested URL /perl/ was not found on this server.

    Apache/1.3.24 Server at linuxhelp.mirkwood.net Port 80

[Fri Apr 19 21:33:08 2002] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist:
/home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/htdocs/perl/
(note it's still trying to go to htdocs/perl/)

ls -d /home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/perl/
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr 15 02:07
/home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/perl//

Hope that helps.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 03:37:35PM -0500, Salvador Ortiz Garcia babbled thus:

--

        Mike Edwards

Brainbench certified Master Linux Administrator
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=158188
-----------------------------------
Unsolicited advertisments to this address are not welcome.
ok
init `PerlHandler' stack
perl_cmd_push_handlers: @PerlHandler, 'Apache::Status'
pushing `Apache::Status' into `PerlHandler' handlers
[Fri Apr 19 21:32:57 2002] [warn] module mod_php4.c is already added, skipping
[Fri Apr 19 21:32:57 2002] [warn] module mod_ssl.c is already added, skipping
Warn: Directive `<vhost' not found in handle_command_av!
LocationMatch OK
perl_section: <VirtualHost linuxhelp.mirkwood.net>
perl_section: <Location /perl/>
init `PerlHandler' stack
perl_cmd_push_handlers: @PerlHandler, 'Apache::Registry'
pushing `Apache::Registry' into `PerlHandler' handlers
PerlHandler Apache::Registry (OK) Limit=no
Options ExecCGI (OK) Limit=no
SetHandler perl-script (OK) Limit=no
perl_section: </Location>
Location OK
DocumentRoot /home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/htdocs (OK) Limit=no
Group users (OK) Limit=no
ServerAdmin test@vhost (OK) Limit=no
handle_command (Alias "/perl/" "/home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/perl/"): OK
CustomLog /home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/logs/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net.access_log
combined (OK) Limit=no
User sauron (OK) Limit=no
ServerName linuxhelp.mirkwood.net (OK) Limit=no
ErrorLog /home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/logs/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net.error_log
(OK) Limit=no
handle_command (ScriptAlias "/cgi-bin/"
"/home/vhosts/linuxhelp.mirkwood.net/cgi-bin/"): OK
ServerAlias linuxhelp (OK) Limit=no
perl_section: </VirtualHost>
perl_section: <VirtualHost orodruin.rivendell.mirkwood.net>
CustomLog /var/log/apache/orodruin.access_log combined (OK) Limit=no
ServerAlias orodruin (OK) Limit=no
ProxyPassReverse / http://orodruin.mirkwood.net:80/ (OK) Limit=no
ServerName orodruin.mirkwood.net (OK) Limit=no
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/orodruin.error_log (OK) Limit=no
ProxyPass / http://orodruin.mirkwood.net:80/ (OK) Limit=no
perl_section: </VirtualHost>
VirtualHost OK
Directory OK