Certainly.  You can run as many separate apache instances as you want,
each with it's own configuration.  These cannot share the same IP/port
directly, but If you want these to share the same server name space then
you can set up an apache instance which proxies requests to different
servers as appropriate.

That said, I'm not sure why you'd want to do this.  Usually the things you
need to run as root are not the things you need mod_perl's speed for.  I
suspect you might be better to look at whether you could use cgi scripts
run through a suid wrapper.

Andrew McNaughton