On Sunday, April 28, 2002, at 04:48 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
> it does solve the problem on linux. Ken, can you test the
> bleadperl? This fix was applied as a solution. If `pwd` doesn't
> work for you, that sucks! Meaning that the problem wasn't fixed
> in bleadperl :( Can you check the recent Cwd thread on p5p
> (started by me) and try running cwd.t under -T?

All bleadperl tests pass for me, except 'ext/DB_File/t/db-recno'
which I think is known to fail.

Both Cwd tests pass, in particular:

   ext/Cwd/t/cwd.......................ok
   ext/Cwd/t/taint.....................ok

But you mention running them with -T - how do I do that?

>> If I also do "$ENV{PATH} = '/bin';" after that, the server
>> gets farther before failing (this is with a fully static
>> build - I'm giving up on APACI for now, I get link errors
>> there).  Now I get this error in t/logs/error_log:
>> ============
>> Insecure dependency in eval while running with -T switch.
>> Callback called exit.
>> ============
>> Doesn't exactly tell me where to start looking for the error,
>> anyone have hints?  The above is the entire contents of the
>> log.
>
> Doug has started fixing this problem, but didn't finish. See:

Hmm, I'm now seeing different behavior than what I saw before.
Using APACI and your Cwd.pm patch, the server never started, nor
did it create t/logs/error_log.  I just tried it now with a
simple static build, though, and it did succeed.  All mod_perl
tests pass, though there are lots of warnings during the tests
about "Can't exec 'pwd': No such file or directory".  That's to
be expected?

  -Ken