Bill Catlan wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>This explains why by default %ENV is set for each request afresh.
>>http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#PerlSetupEnv_Off
>

> Great.  Thank you Stas.  Now I know /how/ that happens, but I don't know /why/
> the existing inctances' ENV is not clobbered.
>
> My guess is that a localized copy of the %ENV variable is created by the above
> referenced process, thus no clobbering of existing instances' %ENV occurs.
> Would that be correct?

Can you send a reproducable example of a problem? For example this code
does the right thing:

$r->send_http_header('text/plain');
print exists $ENV{FOO} ? "$ENV{FOO}\n" : "NONE\n";
local $ENV{FOO} = "BAR";
print exists $ENV{FOO} ? "$ENV{FOO}\n" : "NONE\n";

it'll always print:
NONE
BAR

Make sure that you test under httpd -X mode so you won't get mislead.