At 09:59 17.05.2002, simran wrote:
>ps: We are intending on having something like where when people go to
>     http://www.testsite.com/preview/contactus/index.html we strip out
>     the "/preview" from the URL (i assume i can change this via
>     $r->uri... and change the document root from
>     /home/www/testsite.com/current to /home/www/testsite.com/stage

You can't change the document root, but you don't necessarily need to
either. You could set up an alias in httpd.conf
<VirtualHost foo>
Alias /preview/ /home/www/testsite.com/stage/
:
</VirtualHost>

Or you could use a generic URI translation handler which would do the URI
translation, running in /preview
<Location /preview>
PerlTransHandler My::Foo
</Location>
then My::Foo maps the URI to a filename or something like that.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]